Frequently Asked Questions
- Device FAQ
- 1. Q: Who can answer my chemistry or product solution questions?
- 2. Q: How does your device compare to other Electrostatic sprayers?
We specialize in Induction Charged electrostatic technology: Studies show superior performance in grounding, durability and reliability of the device making it safer for the end user.
- 3. Q: How does your device compare to other foggers and misters, etc.?
It is more effective, uses less chemistry, allows for faster re-entry time, fewer aerosols and requires no wipe down after spraying.
- 4. Q: How does your electrostatic sprayer compare to other trigger sprayers?
It is more efficient: electrostatics mean that the charged droplets are competing for space and not overlapping which improves deposition and reduces chemical waste with no wiping. Additionally, you can cover more surface area in less time when compared to trigger sprayers.
- 5. Q: How is this product regulated?
The device is UL and cUL approved.
- 6. Q: What is the warranty for the Clorox® Total 360™ Device?
A one year warranty is included and can be completed through the Service Tech Team website @ www.servicetechteam.com or by calling 877-220-0550.
- 7. Q: How do I obtain replacement parts?
- 8. Q: How do I obtain spare parts?
- 9. Q: Are there any serviceable sections of the sprayer?
- 10. Q: What is the proper liquid line maintenance?
Ideally, all liquid in the Clorox® Total 360™ device should be evacuated and purged after each use. This will help prevent any residue build up and/or remove anything trafficked through the liquid system. This maintenance also ensures the liquid delivery flow rate is consistent between uses.
- 11. Q: How do I service the product?
- 12. Q: Are there any videos to help maintain, troubleshoot ,or service the device.
- 13. Q: Why am I not using my disinfectant as fast as I thought I would?
The Clorox® Total 360™ electrostatic sprayer creates charged particles, which tend to repel each other. This effect does not allow the particles to overlap each other, therefore requiring less product to cover a surface.
- 14. Q: How often should I use the Clorox® Total 360™ sprayer?
- 15. Q: What is the life expectancy for the Clorox® Total 360™ Device?
The unit is designed as a low maintenance device, requiring basic maintenance to remain operational and effective. Following the basic maintenance guidelines listed in the manual should offer several years effective of product use.
- 16. Q: My Clorox® Total 360™ Device isn’t working, what do I do?
- 17. Q: What is the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to wear while using the device?
Always follow all PPE instructions listed in the operator’s manual and manufacturer’s product label. We recommend some sort of gloves, eye and breathing protection based on the specific product being sprayed.
- 18. Q: What are the key benefits of the Clorox® Total 360™ Device?
This device combines proven electrostatic technology with trusted Clorox® products to quickly and easily provide superior coverage in even the hardest-to-reach places. Using patented electrostatic technology to optimize product delivery, the Clorox® Total 360™ System is a cost-effective solution for efficient, comprehensive surface treatment that is designed to help keep facilities healthier while saving them time, money and labor.
- 19. Q: What is Electrostatics? Why should I believe in Electrostatic delivery?
This delivery system provides superior coverage of Clorox® disinfectants and sanitizers in hard-to-reach places – the side, underside and backside of surfaces.
This evolution in electrostatic spray delivery is a way to help keep your facilities free of pathogens in a way that you could never do before! The Clorox® Total 360™ System helps keep your facility healthier while also saving you time, money and labor.
- 20. Q: Is there training required for the Clorox® Total 360™ Device?
- 21. Q: What does UL Listed mean?
The product has been reviewed for its general safety including fire and/or electrical shock.
- 22. Q: What is a Clorox® Approved Product?
- 23. Q: Do you have to wear gloves when using the Clorox® Total 360™ Device Sprayer?
Yes it is recommended.
- 24. Q: Can I buy a longer extension cord?
Yes, please see the operator’s manual for more information. The recommended cord size is a 12 gauge cord with a maximum length of 100 feet.
- 25. Q: How do I know the electrostatics are working?
Both of the blue LED lights on the sprayer instrument panel are illuminated
- 26. Q: How do I know that the device is on?
The device is on if the blue power button on the base unit and the sprayer instrument panel are illuminated.
- 27. Q: Does the Clorox® Total 360™ Device need to be recharged?
No, the unit does not have a battery, it must be plugged into a 3-pronged, grounded outlet to operate and function properly
- 28. Q: How will I receive training on the Clorox® Total 360™ Device?
- 29. Q: Is there a electrical shock hazard?
- 30. Q: Can I experience small electrostatic shock from using the machine?
Yes, especially in dry environments, it’s possible to feel small shocks, not unlike walking on a carpet and touching a door knob. The induction charged technology is the safest electrostatics delivery system on the market.
- 31. Q: Can I spray inside or outside?
This device is designed primarily for indoor use, but can be used in dry outdoor locations to treat equipment etc.
- 32. Q: What is the ideal operating temperature range for the device?
The device will work properly between 50°F to 120°F.
- 33. Q: What if my extension cord is damaged?
- 34. Q: What does priming the sprayer mean?
To allow for the liquid to fill the hose line and create a consistent flow of liquid out of the sprayer.
- 35. Q: Why should I purge my device after each use?
The product in the tubes may become ineffective if it is stored in the lines too long. Purging the unit will also ensure the life expectancy of your device.
- 36. Q: Should I remove the quick start guide from the unit?
No, please leave the quick start guide on the unit for easy access and applicator assistance.
- 37. Q: Where can I get another operator’s manual?
- 38. Q: What if the power indicator light does not illuminate on my base unit?
Please try plugging in the device to another outlet and test again. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual for troubleshooting tips.
- 39. Q: Can I change the height of my handle?
Yes. The handle bar has 4 different heights.
- 40. Q: What if the prongs on my extension cord get wet?
Please make sure the ends of the extension cord are dry prior to use.
- 41. Q: Can I cover the unit with towels or blankets?
No. Do not block the vents on the bottom or side or the device.
- 42. Q: What if the plastic tubing gets bent or broken?
- 43. Q: How often should I change my air filter?
This depends on daily usage. Please refer to the operator’s manual.
- 44. Q: What if I see chemical build up in my liquid lines?
This may indicate improper storage or a lack of purging. Please refer to the total 360 website for technical support and troubleshooting .
- 45. Q: What if my circuit breaker pops out?
- 46. Q: Can I place the sprayer inside the holder while the sprayer is on?
No, the chemical will overflow the drip cup.
- 47. Q: Can I pull the unit by the sprayer cord or extension cord?
No. As a safety precaution, we recommend that you use the handle to maneuver the unit
- 48. Q: Do I need to wipe down the sprayer/base unit incase it gets wet after spraying?
We recommend the use of a microfiber cloth to clean the unit after each use. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual for additional suggestions.
- 49. Q: Can I hang supplies or items from the sprayer handle?
No, we recommend that you do not.
- 50. Q: What do I do with the bottle cap from my disinfectant bottle?
Please store this bottle cap in a safe location in case you need to stow away your disinfectant.
- 51. Q: Do I always have to secure the disinfectant bottles with the bottle strap?
We recommend that the bottle strap is always used to secure the disinfectant bottles on the device .
- 52. Q: What if the handle grip is damaged or worn out?
- 53. Q: Do I need to hold the sprayer button to keep the sprayer on?
No, the sprayer button should only be pressed once to turn on/off.
- 54. Q: Where can I find my unit’s serial number to register for the warranty?
The serial number is located on the front metal panel of the base unit just below the air filter.
- 55. Q: What if my unit has overheated?
- 56. Q: Can I take the 6 inch “pig tail” cord off of the unit?
No. This cord creates a water proof seal on the electrical components of the system. Removing this cord will void the Warranty on your system.
- 57. Q: How does the Clorox® Total 360™ electrostatic sprayer work?
The sprayer aerosolizes and then negatively charges your pre-approved Clorox® sanitizers and disinfectants. Since the charged droplets repel each other in flight – they will deposit very evenly and compete for surface attraction which provides the most comprehensive spray deposition possible. This produces an even, gravity-defying coating of everything in the vicinity which allows the product to reach into cracks and crevices where manual, misting or fogging methods simply cannot reach.
Another added benefit to the Clorox® Total 360™ technology is that because the charged droplets are seeking out a surface – they clear the air much faster than a fogger which can leave the air saturated, until it subjected to gravity or forcibly cleared. This allows occupants to safely reenter a room much sooner.
- 58. Q: Why is electrostatic spray technology superior to hand, trigger or pump spraying?
The science behind the Clorox® Total 360™ spray technology and the comprehensive coverage it provides – means that users are able to conduct spot cleaning to remove any visible organics and then a true disinfection procedure can be done with the system to reach and treat all surfaces without the threat of cross contamination. This application method reduces the labor allocation required to disinfect large spaces and eliminates the threat of cross contamination.
- 59. Q: What chemicals can be used in this equipment?
Only pre-approved Clorox Total 360™ products.
- 60. Q: How do I store my Clorox Total 360™ Device?
Please make sure the unit is purged, turned off and unplugged from the power source. Store in a cool dry place (approx. 67°F to 82°F) for optimum performance.